This course is designed to give an overview of hazards relating to manual handling and safe handling principles and procedures.
The course is aimed at anyone who carries out manual handling of inanimate loads within their work environment
- Legislation relating to manual handling
- Methods of safely moving loads
- Risk assessments
- Anatomy and Physiology of the back
- Principles of moving and handling inanimate loads
Duration of course: 3 hours
Assessment: Practical assessment
This course is designed to give an overview of safe practices and procedures in the moving and handling of people.
The course is aimed at anyone in the health and social care setting who manually handles individuals in their workplace
- What is manual handling?
- Legislation relating to people handling
- Risk assessment based on an ergonomic approach
- Principles of safe manual handling
- Anatomy and physiology of the back
- Causes of back pain
- Practical methods for moving individuals
Duration of course: 6 hours
Assesment: Practical and written assessment
Return To Course List